WHO AM I?

By Helen Sarita


I wrote this poem five years ago. I was driven to post it here after reading all your poems for me. It is tough to judge, as your love is beyond the beauty of your writings. I love the thought, but I am not comfortable measuring your love for me by evaluating who is the best. I appreciate each line, and I am humbled and honored to be loved by such kind souls in the Filipino Poets in Blossoms. I feel even shy because you look at me almost to perfection, but I am not! I have flaws, too, like anyone else. I want to suggest that we make it this way, you can write me a poem, but not for a contest. Just for fun, you can make it a serious or a funny poem. Just continue to post it under Jhake Morales' post. Thank you very much! 
Here is my poem:

WHO AM I?

I am whom anyone's heart sees in me.
A gentle reflection of their inner beauty
I am the queen of my tiny kingdom.
I run difficult things so light without boredom.

I'm like a busy fish swimming in a big ocean with no chance to sleep beyond
I am a colorful butterfly flying in the garden giving vivid ambiance to a candid paradise.
I am like an eagle soaring calmly upon the highest skies during the storm.
I am a woman of hope and love. In the turbulence of life, I believe I can always survive.

I am a lover of this temporary life, yet I am not afraid to die.
I love to stay in the world yet ready to leave upon the calling of time.
My heart speaks with wishes and love.
I dream of seeing my loved ones living their dreams so glad.

What you see on me attests to my real personality.
My imperfections and flaws speak my innate beauty.
There is a kind of love within me many souls can define
And there's such great love in my heart only to my soul-aligned.

I am a cascade of laughter to my beloved friends.
I am a spring of inspiration to everyone else.
I am the falling star of a very wishful evening.
I am an ethereal moonlight in the dark sparkling.

I am the book of my imagination
I am what my heart churning in motion
I am what the wisdom speaks in my poetry
I am a woman so full.. .a woman, you call ME

~Helen Sarita

Popular posts from this blog

DALAMPASIGAN SA PANUBIGAN

VACCINES OF DEATH

Bakit Nakatungó Ang Uhay Ng Palay