UNSWERVING SERVICE TO HUMANITY

15 August 2024




THANK YOU FOR THE LEARNING, LESSONS & MEMORIES
By Duoi Ampilan 

Since 01 August 2024, I officially ended my deployment in Ukraine.

Though short (4 months), my deployment was among the toughest, most challenging and most difficult. The last 45 days were among the things I would never wish for.

Ukraine was my 14th country of deployment and the 24th country I traveled to. 

After all the twists, turns, trials, tensions and torments, I am feeling tired. 

Being a Humanitarian Worker is said to be among the Most Dangerous Jobs because of the associated risks and uncertainties aside from the daily stress & tensions.

Where there are calamities and crises from disease outbreaks to earthquakes, displacements to war and devastation, humanitarian workers are there.

We offer our services, our time, talents and for some our lives! 

We also have the fair share of the things that make us love our work - the opportunities of reaching many places of historical importance, learning cultures and traditions, embracing diversity of humanity, honing our talents and skills and many more. 

We don't have the control of what tomorrow may bring and offer, but come what may, I am happy that once in my life, I have been part of humanitarian services supporting the civilian population affected by crises.

I thank everyone (too many to mention), whom I have worked with, who supported me, who I got the inspiration for and for everybody that made me stronger.

Some may think that I served more in foreign places and served less in my motherland. I have served much before going out and I have been serving including supporting local organisations, farming cooperatives, youth and women's groups including academe, etc within my country though many were not publicly disclosed. I also worked both behind the scene and at the frontlines in between deployments, and during my free time. Many of these activities were voluntarily rendered as a volunteer or for humanitarian considerations.

My journey continues though what comes next is still uncertain.

Officially, I am free. No (contracted) work, but happily serving my growing family. The Home is where the greatest gravitational force in the galaxy is for our human affairs. I am happy serving Baby Bakunawa and Baby Tanini. 🩷🩷🩷

COMMENT:

Your experiences are beyond anyone's wealth to compare with. "Power on" Duoi. I've been following your journey. If for anything this world could live in peace and harmony, it's the unswerving SERVICE to humanity!

ALL THE BEST for the future ahead! We don't know what tomorrow brings.
(LCD, Admin)

Popular posts from this blog

DALAMPASIGAN SA PANUBIGAN

VACCINES OF DEATH